Sunday, May 27, 2007

Home Improvement Meltdown




Maybe starting a blog during home improvement was a bad idea. I haven't posted all week because I've been busy picking out outdoor lighting fixtures, new doorknobs, screen doors, etc. Our 80's looking house desperately needed an upgrade from it's red, white, and blue exterior, so we sandblasted the claw-like beige stucco off the house, got a smooth coat of mocha-ish stucco, and we're awaiting the veneer stone to cover the previous brick. This upgrade is long overdue, but stressful, and I think it's totally excusable that I had a little meltdown on Tuesday. I mean, after the phone and cable lines got disconnected twice, along with ample mess everywhere, I couldn't make anymore decisions. I just wanted to sit and watch a little TV, which wasn't working at that moment. Thank goodness the cable was fixed before the Lost finale on Wednesday. The mess and fret and meltdowns are going to be worth it in the end, when that ugly blue trim is gone for good.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Carrie- it is going to be worth all the headaches. It is looking so much better all ready. No more scallop molding but don't forget to paint the wood under the peak! So glad you could see the Lost finale- it was awesome- I have watched 3 times. Have a great day off. Love Mom :>)