Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Baking with my New Tart Dish











I'm really excited about the tart dish I found at Tuesday Morning because 1) it's gorgeous, 2) I've been looking for the perfect tart dish for a couple of weeks now, and 3) it's a brand called Appolia made in northern France. I got an awesome deal on a dish that usually costs around $60, but I got it for $25. In order to break it in last night, I made and baked a sweet tart dough and this afternoon I made a two-layered filling. The bottom is honey roasted peanuts in caramel, which is topped by a chocolate genache. All the recipes came from Dorie Greenspan's Baking. I only made two mistakes in the process: 1) I didn't "coursely chop" the peanuts -- oops! and 2) I burned my finger on the hot caramel -- dangerous! We'll be taste testing after dinner.

1 comment:

Sara said...

How was the tart- It looks yummy! and how is your finger?