Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Making Stroopwafels


Here's my first attempt to recreate a treat I discovered in Europe. We found stroopwafels in Amsterdam, so I looked them up online and found a recipe. The recipe requires making a yeast batter that I portioned into little balls (using my Pampered Chef cookie scoop), and then I pressed the dough balls in my waffle cone iron. The other half of the recipe is a thick caramel sauce that I scooped (with the same Pampered Chef cookie scoop, after washing it) between two wafels like a waffle caramel sandwich. I think they turned out well, and so does Jeff. Find the recipe on Diana's Desserts (the link is available by clicking on the title of this post). Next up, some French pastries...



1 comment:

Sara said...

Those look yummy! When will you be making another batch. Mom