Monday, July 23, 2007

Maybe I don't have to boycott Starbuck's after all...



Jeff helped me research the whole espresso machine thing, and we found out that more important than the brewing apparatus is the grind. A burr grinder is truly necessary to make great espresso (and coffee). I decided to check out Starbuck's selection of espresso equipment, since I had over $100 worth of cards weighing me down in the middle of a Starbuck's boycott. They had a grinder sticker priced at $125, and I figured I'd get rid of my cards buying it. It ended up being on sale for around $50 -- SWEET! Now I feel like I got my $25 card back. Anyway, I bought a stove top espresso maker and already had a milk frother to make espresso drinks. We tried it tonight, and it works great!

2 comments:

Sara said...

When can I come over for an expresso? It sounds good and I can remember back to our times in Europe having fresh expresso in the morning with our breakfast.

Unknown said...

WOW, that's great expresso! Nice and smooth, and terrific with those
incredible lemon bars........ What a fun afternoon! :) Lori